More information on how to enroll can be found below:
- Parents can enroll online or in person during Information Meetings (more to be announced soon).
- Attendance at an information meeting is NOT mandatory or a pre-requisite to enrolling.
- Information Meetings will introduce families to our schools' philosophies and educational program, provide an opportunity to meet the school founders, complete application paperwork, and ask any questions about Scholarship Prep.
- After attending an information meeting, the next step is to complete an application form. This can be completed online or in person at any information meeting held by the school.
- Since the Open Enrollment window is now expired, enrollees are accepted on a first come, first served basis for open spots and those who must be waitlisted if no open spaces remain. We will mail, call and/or e-mail each family to confirm their child's acceptance until all available seats are filled. It is possible to be placed on the waitlist and then called from the wait list later in the year.
- In order to ensure that your child is fully enrolled, you are required to complete any necessary paperwork by the deadlines set by the school. The packet may include permission for the school to request a copy your child's record, and information on whether your child has an IEP. This information helps the school be prepared to give your child the best education possible starting on day one.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
Q: Can I enroll my child after the Open Enrollment period?
A: Yes. Enrollment continues after the Open Enrollment period, through the start of the school year. However, if a lottery is needed, only those who applied to enroll during the Open Enrollment period are considered for open seats. If open seats remain after the Open Enrollment period, Scholarship Prep will continue to accept applications until all seats are filled.
Q: Is enrollment “first come, first served"?
A: Prospective students who apply during the Open Enrollment period will either be enrolled into the school, or if more applications are taken than available seats at any grade level, then all who apply for the impacted grade level will be entered into a lottery. Those who enroll after the Open Enrollment window will be placed on a first come, first served basis pending available spots.
Q: What is the lottery?
A: After the end of Open Enrollment, if any grade level has received more applications than spaces available, Scholarship Prep will hold a random public lottery for the available spaces at the impacted grade level. The lottery will be publicized in advance and held at a location open to the public so that prospective families may attend.
Q: If all seats are filled, can my child be placed on the waiting list?
A: Yes, all families are welcome to fill out an interest form in order to be placed on the waiting list.
Q: Is Scholarship Prep a free, public school?
A: Yes! We welcome ALL families to enroll their children.
Q: Who can I contact if I have more questions about enrolling my child?
A: Please contact us at 714-795-3498 for questions regarding enrolling your child in Scholarship Prep.